Shopify is a great platform for small businesses to sell their products and services. It’s easy to set up and use especially for beginners. However, setting up an online shop is just half the battle. You also need visitors who will make purchases.
What is Conversion Rate Optimization?
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the practice of increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on a website or app.
The goal of CRO is to increase the number of conversions by getting more people to take an action on your website. A conversion is any action that results in revenue or leads to future sales. For example, someone who clicks on an ad or buys something online is considered a conversion because they’ve made an explicit decision.
Benefits Of CRO
There are many benefits to CRO.
- Increase in sales: The more customers you have, the more money you’ll make. A well-run conversion rate optimization campaign can help increase your revenue by as much as 4%.
- Increase in customer satisfaction: Using CRO techniques and tools, you can see an increase in customer satisfaction across all areas of your client’s businesses including sales, marketing and product development teams. This increases loyalty and overall brand perception which could lead to more referrals or repeat purchases down the road.
- Increase in customer loyalty: clients have seen an increase in their conversion rate without any additional effort on their part. Following some simple best practices that were already proven successful such as creating landing pages with relevant CTAs (call-to-action) or adding tracking pixels into emails sent out from their Shopify stores.
How To Increase Your Store’s CRO
Here are ways you can boost your Shopify store’s CRO to get more customers and provide them with a better user experience for new and returning visitors.
Highlight Product Benefits
A conversion rate is basically the number of visitors who bought goods or service on your website or app. In order to increase conversion, visitors must be encouraged to buy.
One of the best ways to do this is to utilize Shopify’s beautiful templates in order to create an attractive website. Amazing copywriting is also needed so that customers will be convinced to buy.
When writing copywrite for your products or service, it is important to highlight products’ benefits. This will tell potential customers why they should buy the product, what it can do for them and the advantages of using it.
You can address their concerns directly on the product page or website so that these issues can be answered even before customers can think of them. This will make your customers feel that their needs are addressed and that their needs are important too.
Remarket To Target Specific Customers
Remarketing is a great way to get more sales. It works by showing your ads to people who have visited your site before. This means that if someone was looking at dresses but left without buying anything, you could show them an ad for dresses in their favorite colors or styles as well as special discounts on those items.
Remarketing is also useful for targeting customers who abandoned their shopping carts by showing them other products from which they might be interested in purchasing something else like an item from another category, for example.
Personalize Shopping Experience
Personalization is the art of tailoring the shopping experience to each customer. It’s about creating a personalized shopping experience for everyone by suggesting products or services that they might want based on their past or current searches or purchases.
If you’re not already using customer data for this purpose, it’s time to start. There are three ways you can use customer data in order to deliver a personalized shopping experience:
- Customize the layout and color scheme of each page based on what they’ve looked at previously. This will help ensure that all visitors see something familiar when they first arrive at your store. It also allows you click through directly into products that interest them most without having to scroll through piles of products before finding something relevant.
- Use analytics software (like Google Analytics) so that personalization happens automatically without having any extra steps involved.
- Integrate social media platforms like Facebook into your website so that customers can share their thoughts with friends while browsing online stores such as yours
Use High Quality Images and Videos
Online shopping can be tricky especially when it comes to items like make-up, clothing and apparel. This is why it is important to always use high quality images and videos. Since your customers cannot personally try on or see the products, high resolution photos can give them a better idea of what they’re purchasing.
Unclear photos and videos will also make your website or app less credible. Customers will doubt your Shopify store if they see unprofessional looking images and videos.
Use Email Marketing for Abandoned Shopping Carts
Email marketing is a great way to target customers who abandoned their shopping cart. You can use the email addresses of your abandoned carts to send out offers that encourage them to come back and complete the purchase.
- Include a link in the email so that they can access more information about what you’re selling. This way, you’re not just sending them back home empty-handed.
- Use a call-to-action headline (CTA) at the end of each message—this tells people what action needs taking next in order for them not only buy but also receive some kind of benefit or reward based on their decision-making process.
Leverage Customer Reviews
Customer reviews are one of the most important elements of your Shopify store. They can help increase conversion rates, and boost credibility and authority.
Keep in mind that customers want to buy from online stores that have good quality products and customer service and happy customers like to leave positive reviews.
While not all customers leave reviews, you can encourage them to leave one by offering vouchers or discount coupons.
We hope that with these tips, you have a better understanding of how to increase your Shopify conversion rate. Conversion rate optimization is one of the most important factors in any online business and it’s something that can be done easily.
Using tools like Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager can help you track activity across your site or app. It will also give you customer insight and help you make better decisions.