Are your email campaigns not delivering what you were hoping for? Are you wondering where you went wrong with your marketing campaign?
If you’re scratching your head wondering where it went south, you’re in the right place because we have some of the most relevant and actionable email marketing tips you can apply in order to get more sales.
It all starts with the subject line. According to studies, it takes humans 100 milliseconds to form a first impression. The same is true for your subject lines. Email recipients judge them at a glance so you need to catch their attention quickly.
According to Experian.com, personalized subject lines have 26% higher open rates compared to non-personalized ones. Good examples include:
- Hey (First Name)! BOGO sale ends today!
- (First Name), we don’t want to stress you out but…
- “You almost missed out on…”
People in today’s digital world don’t have time to read long emails or even long subject lines so it should be short and blunt.
Let customers know from the very beginning what it’s all about. Everybody’s inbox is full so you have tough competition. If you want receivers to open your email, be straightforward.
Take a look at these examples:
- Best Things To Do In Chicago
- 60% off on (insert product or service)
You have to make it worth your client’s time to make them click your email. Even though it’s short and condensed, your email should tell them why your product or service will benefit them. If you want to captivate your audience and make them loyal, you have to put the focus on them.
Tell them the benefits of your product or service and how they will profit from it. Use educational content in your email or send links to video or product guidelines. Provide value so that they will hold your company in good esteem.
Use Powerful Language
Words like limited,” “new,” “exclusive,” “free” and “now” can push emotional buttons of readers. These words can lead to higher conversion rates because they can push a customer’s emotional trigger.
Use Behavioral Psychology
The truth is, marketing is all about 3 key factors: FOMO, an effective CTA and providing something valuable.
- FOMO or fear of missing out is one of the best content marketing strategies you can use for your brand. Setting a strict time limit works well as a marketing strategy. This is literally giving them an offer that they can’t refuse. Example, 30% off your shopping cart until 12 midnight only!
Remind them throughout at the start of the week and then count down as the time limit expires so that they start purchasing like crazy.
- Always include an effective CTA in your email newsletters. People get a lot of emails every day and you want them to click yours. Remember the following when you want to improve your CTA game: make it personal, be clear about the benefits they will reap and create urgency.
- Always tell them the value that you offer. Tell them the benefits of your products and how you can profit.
Include An Unsubscribe Option
Providing an unsubscribe option is not only good email marketing practice it is also required by law by the SPAM Act. Gmail makes it easy for marketers because they include an unsubscribe link automatically in the email header.
If you want to keep your emails away from the spam folder, you need to include an unsubscribe button to avoid triggering spam filters.
Optimize Email For Mobile
According to WebsiteSetup.org, mobile devices are the preferred gadgets of today’s shoppers. Their study shows that 54.3% of all client visits to their site came from mobile devices like phones and tablets compared to 34% from desktops.
This means that desktops are experiencing a decline so marketers need to embrace the modern era and optimize emails for mobile users.
There are many other ways you can boost sales with email marketing. Putting these strategies together can help your business get more leads and boost sales.