Creativ Digital

How to Write Your Own Web Design Brief for Web Development Project

How to Write Your Own for Project

At the outset of web development, the client (you) will have to pass a certain document to the web designer. This document sketches the details of your project. The purpose of this document is to give your hired web designers an idea of the kind of website you would have them designed for you. This document defines clearly set objectives as well as describe the milestones of the project. Articulating your design brief helps forge understanding and trust as both parties will be guided by this benchmark. Creating your own web design brief for web development project addresses important issues early on before the work commences. This article will help you write your own web design brief for web development project and get an accurate price quotation from your provider.

10 Important Elements for a Successful Web Design Brief

Outlined below are the 10 key elements for a successful web design brief. Complete all the elements in your design brief stating clearly every point before turning over the document to your design provider. After you’re done covering all the points, you will have accomplished 90% success. Leave the remainder 10% from specific questions your provider throws at you. Without further ado, here are the key elements:

  1. Purpose

  2. Technology

  3. Sitemap

  4. Target audience

  5. Goals

  6. Content and products

  7. Required technical features

  8. Design style

  9. Design style samples

  10. Budget for the web design project

Take note that previously published articles already explained key elements A through G. You may refer back to these topics if you wish to do so. In the meantime, our discussion will jump forward with “design style”.

Depicting Your Design Style

Here is a challenge on your part especially if you’re not a designer yourself. But don’t let this tricky situation stop you from sending your brilliant idea across. You can describe your preferred design style by touching some common questions, such as:

Scouting for Examples of Design Styles

You don’t have to start from scratch when thinking of a design style. There are many templates you can find over the internet. What you can do is simply copy the web design style you find closest to your idea in mind and show it to your web designer as a reference when you write your own web design brief for web development project. In order to find similar designs you can:

  1. Use your competitors’ sites

    Make your competitors’ websites your template of reference to discuss with your designer what attributes you want added, improved, removed, and changed when applying those to your own .

  2. Scour the internet for web design templates in available galleries

    There are plenty of galleries for website designs on the internet, for instance siteInspire.com, BestWebGallery.com, Dribbble.com, TheBestDesigns.com, and many more. Just Google it and you’ll find thousands of results to choose from. It’s imperative that you explain clearly what you like and don’t like when picking a design.

The Web Design Budget

The fact about web design prices and appropriating budget for it, is that, it is immensely variable. The website’s features, design, and content all contribute to the difference in price quotations. It follows then, that more complex designs are prized higher, while simpler once are prized lower. The biggest chunk of your budget will be spent on: a) application of technical features; b) formulating the design and interface; and c) outfitting the website with third-party applications (social network, CRM, accounting software, etc.). How long will it take to finish all of them will dictate how much money you will be spending.

It would be reasonable to write your own web design brief for web development project first, hand it to your web designer and then request a price quotation. This way, you can prepare your purse for the appropriate budget. Another approach is to contact your web design studio and consult their expert advice about what can be accomplished given the current budget you have. You’re designer will make adjustments on the design to exact your presented budget.

by: carl pineda

 

Exit mobile version