Enhance Your E-Commerce Site Using 6 SEO Tips
Being a business owner, you have to face it; traditional advertising sometimes has its flaws. These usually include the following aspects.
- It can be expensive.
- It can be difficult to track your campaign’s effectiveness.
So, what is the ideal alternative then?
If you want to minimise the cost of our marketing campaign, you can combine conventional means (print and media ads) with online marketing. When you do, you can reap the following benefits.
- You can sell and promote your offers 24/7.
- You can direct your strategies at a specific group.
- You can easily track your campaign’s success using the right tools.
- You can provide thorough details about your business.
- You can keep the expenses down since most Web services are typically cost-effective.
Given these advantages, one fantastic way to promote your business is to create a website and apply it with search engine optimisation (SEO) techniques. Some of the most important include the following:
1. Keyword Research
If the solutions to Mathematics problems have formulas, your search for relevant key phrases has too:
- Terms taken from your competitors’ analysis + your own list + ideas obtained from Google AdWords
- More specifically, this formula means:
- Look into the words and phrases that other e-commerce site owners (within your own niche) are using.
- Do not forget the terms that your website has already ranked for while creating another keyword list.
- Comprehend the search volumes provided by Google Keyword Tool.
2. Use On-Site SEO
Focus on the right landing pages and not just on your homepage. To do this, you have to remember the following rules:
- Start your title with relevant keywords and end it with your brand.
- It has to be unique (for each webpage), readable, grammatically correct, and SEO friendly
- The best length is below 70 characters to make the entire title visible in search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Create a 150-character description tag (a summary of the content) with keywords and call to action.
3. Minimise links
While linking to authoritative and trusted resources (usually with .net or .org) makes your website look impressive, you have to control it to avoid your webpages from looking like spam.
4. Use Google Webmaster Tools
By doing so, you can monitor the following aspects:
- Pace of indexation
- Similar description and title tags
- Crawl errors
- Loading speed
5. Set up Google Analytics
Doing this allows you to understand and keep track of your SEO and marketing campaign. You can also install E-Commerce Tracking to monitor purchase transactions.
6. Sign up to Google Places
While doing this, you can rank better by considering the following components:
Conformity of the company address to the geographical modificator and local business profile
- Company citation
- Landing page address
- Google Local Business fact of registration
- Business Listing Title keywords
As you can see, these are only six tips. Generally, SEO consists of several methods and tools, which you can learn more by exploring and studying.
About the Author:small business SEO services.is the Head of Retail at Smart Traffic, a leading search agency delivering